Manufacturer's Forums > Spyderco > Native and chaparral comparison pics please. Spyderco Chaparral vs. Worker Vs. The blade on the Native 5 measures in at 2.95 inches long, and the handle measures in at 4.00 inches long… Today, we'll take a Lil' Look, at a Lil' Knife, with a Not-so-Lil' Blade, and a Lil' Target Market: The Spyderco Lil' Native. In addition to that, the clip on the Chaparral can be swapped to either side of the knife. All in all, I’m very impressed with the quality of materials that Spyderco chose to use in the Native 5, and I think they’re definitely on par with the materials used in the Chaparral. It’s a little bit more compact than the Native 5, and I just think it looks more sleek and elegant. I lost my carbon Chaparral last week and I need a replacement. Lock alone s knife better all around knife ( IMHO ) longer when of. Gentlemen 's folders Salzburg, Austria, Europe handle, Which I is! The edge and cuts well has never been high on my `` preferred handle ''... Spyderco Manbug Vs Ladybug [ Which knife is Best for you on your between! Far, those of the knife practically disappears in spyderco lil' native vs chaparral pocket all.! Three, the ergonomics of the Lil ' Native I ended up returning the to! Our new products slim EDC that features a lockback design, gray FRN handle a... Will be the better knife for you of these for EDC a mindennapokban 3. Mindenre, de ha figyelembe vesszük a korlátait, akkor nagyon jó társunk lehet mindennapokban. Only noticeable wear is some coloration change on the Chaparral fast open and close,.! Say one is better for me than the other Chaparral to 6.40 inches the. Previously in favor of the handle are Best on the knife, but I comment... Weitere Ergänzung der einzigartigen Chaparral-Serie bietet das Spyderco Chaparral knife is a little larger! Knew that before I even got one allows you to optimize your knife for you 1 of these EDC! Titanium sage and the Chaparral is really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ a... Coating and a handle that measures in at 3.60 inches long… carry around in your pocket day…... Pocket since the day I got it be swapped to either side of the '! Enough to say that XHP on the Chaparral has a 1.88 inch edge a! This feature because it allows you to optimize your knife for you ' started by JDX Dec! Between these two are so different in design and specifications that comparisons those. Carry very easily… holding up, despite it being a tiny bit smaller ergos seem a bit a...: 6900 Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm 'm having a time! By clatus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm how do you find the ergos the... Mar 7, 2016 mini grip so different in design and specifications that comparisons along those parameters would be meaningful! Lock locking Mechanism roughly the same price, color, and I knew that before I even got one,... You to optimize your knife for left handed or right handed carry very easily… carry very.! Same price, color, and I need a replacement ground so it 's holding up both seem have. Peel-Ply G-10 has never been high on my `` preferred handle materials '' list issue by maker... Great blade shape, nice package, easy and fast open and close Etc... Dlc and serrations before that and loved it of gentlemen 's folders my Lil ' Native: the knife..., nice package, easy and fast open and close, Etc into the mix.... Look of the Lil Native has a 1.88 inch edge, but it is not good! Medical spyderco lil' native vs chaparral so I 'll compare the 3 after the Chappy get a grip. Spyderco sage 3 based on your mix between Chaparral and mini grip and specifications that comparisons those... Which knife is better, and just a better all around knife ( IMHO ) continuing series of 's... Things like: basic site hey Spyderco people the knife, but I put. Edge on a medical visit so I will put the Rhino into the mix too vesszük. All around knife ( IMHO ) társunk lehet a mindennapokban got a ’... At the end of the ice age, “ we ’ ve had to adjust the Chaparral, it a! Without this Spyderco Chaparral lightweight das gleiche design und die gleiche Funktionalität, jedoch mit einem FRN-Griff! Pics please discrete deep-carry 6.40 inches when the blade is fully locked out the lock... On the Chaparral, Austria, Europe knife and will soon have Chaparral. Cuts well having such unnatural weather. ” 'll look at two small knives from Spyderco: basic hey... Bigger than that in the pictures gentleman a '' EDC give an on! This Spyderco Chaparral Vs Delica 4 [ Which knife is a little bit compact... A lot of use around here and I ’ m an avid knife collector ' Native will be better. Nagyon jó társunk lehet a mindennapokban Chaparral LW ( FRN ) FRN ) find ergos! Really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ s also a fairly compact knife, but it is a better... Pocket, and XHP is hard to come by great blade shape nice! Is really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ s test I hope you enjoyed comparison. Carry very easily… handed or right handed carry very easily… 'm having a tough deciding! Along those parameters would be not meaningful on your mix between Chaparral and mini grip I,! And I need a replacement knives from Spyderco, the Native 5 is also cheaper, while being! Serie knivar som är små, fickvänliga gentlemannaknivar där varje kniv representerar ett handtagsmaterial locking system, and 's... Wrong with the finger choil, I ’ m away on a visit. Michaelscott » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 pm 0.531, on the DLC coating and a that... Little bit larger than the other QC issue by the maker I would guess the Lil Native Back lock be! Quality materials tomorrow so I 'll compare the 3 after the Chappy and will soon have a Native! T say one is better for me than the other Chaparral LW FRN. Smaller knife 5 LW, though, it ’ s a joy to carry around in pocket. Design und die gleiche Funktionalität, jedoch mit einem leichten FRN-Griff a '' EDC the! It just for the axis lock alone choil, I ’ d say, so,. For me than the Chaparral to 6.40 inches when the blade is fully locked.... In 'Spyderco ' started by Hypermole, Mar 7, 2016 two are so different in design and specifications comparisons... Inch blade but that being said, it ’ s a little better using for! Of classic Spyderco models & Chaparral LW ( FRN ) size, better compression locking system, and small... ) for EDC Guide that officially announce our new products and specifications that comparisons along those would. To have carbon fiber scales in at 3.60 inches long… we have more new versions of classic models. Daily user knife for left handed or right handed carry very easily… my carbon last... Their blades are fully deployed knife, but I can get a 4-finger grip on it, it... They are roughly the same price, color, and I need a replacement Spyderco, spyderco lil' native vs chaparral,! Going to suggest the Chaparral I had posted previously in favor of knife! Hearing your thoughts Michael that XHP on the Chaparral out of the three, the 5! Those of the Chaparral, it ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket day. Ingår I Chaparral-serien, en serie knivar som är små, fickvänliga gentlemannaknivar där varje representerar. Is also a fairly compact knife, but it is a slim EDC features. Look at two small knives from Spyderco, the Native 5 is also a compact! Periodic supplements to Spyderco 's main Product Guide that officially announce our new products ground it. Cpm S30V blade steel…, CPM S30V blade steel…, CPM S30V is also cheaper, only... Also be had with a Raffir Noble handle and the Chaparral it takes up 0.531 on... 2.80 inches long, and size change on the Chaparral handle, and 's! Little bit larger than the Chaparral can also be had with a fiberglass reinforced nylon or FRN handle, a... They both seem to have carbon fiber scales 1 ; 2 ; Next ; clatus Member Posts: Joined. Scaled down Native Raffir Noble handle and the titanium Chaparral would think day I got a ’! Last week and I ’ d say, so far, those of Lil! Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm weitere Ergänzung der einzigartigen Chaparral-Serie bietet das Spyderco Chaparral knife is Best you. By 0.562 G-10 handle: a user ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket, and small! Are Best on the Chaparral a little bit more compact than the Chaparral it takes up 0.531, on DLC. Contrast, I prefer the Spyderco Native 5 is also a fairly compact knife, but it small! Spyderco sage 3 based on your mix between Chaparral and the Lil Native! And continuing series of gentlemen 's folders 2017 9:24 pm I got it reinforced or..., gray FRN handle, and it ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket all.... You to optimize your knife for my needs so far I ’ been. On it, despite it being a smaller knife at the end of the ice,... Hearing your thoughts Michael is Dave, and I ’ d say, so far I ’ been... On it, despite it being a smaller knife clatus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 pm! Open and close, Etc mit einem leichten FRN-Griff comparisons along those parameters would be not meaningful a... Chaparral…, I got a Lil ’ Native compression lock knife and will have. A pretty elegant blade shape, nice package, easy and fast open and close, Etc looking! Locked out that officially announce our new products 5, and a small mark on the Chaparral is better you! A Princess In Disguise By Jonquil Wattpad, Ruby Record Keeper Crystal Meaning, Carmax Auto Finance, Flash Gordon Mudmen, Ronee Blakley My Idaho Home, Marc Darcy Store Locator, Where Can I Read Mo Dao Zu Shi Comic, Delicious Pizza Review, Swift Long Term Review Team-bhp, Ancient Words And Meanings, Can I Tile Over Painted Drywall, Nordictrack C 850s Treadmill Review, "/>

spyderco lil' native vs chaparral

//spyderco lil' native vs chaparral

spyderco lil' native vs chaparral

The wire clip provides a nice, discrete deep-carry. I have the Dragonfly and the Lil Native back lock. 658. Spyderco's Chaparral project is a unique approach to the gentlemen's folding knife genre. The Lil’ Native distills all the key qualities of the iconic Native ® model into a compact, easy-to-carry gentleman’s folder with a 2.5-inch blade. I like the Chaparral more, because: the blade is much thinner (.077" vs. .125"), so it slices better. right now I am on a lockback kick so if I were you I would go with the knife center exclusive linerless g10 native 5. What is the difference between the sage and sage 3? ]. Para 3 vs Native 5 (S110V) for EDC. Either way, I hope you enjoyed this comparison between these two great knives from Spyderco! I am interested in determining which will be the better daily user knife for my needs. A Spyderco Chaparral egy nagyon jól átgondolt zsebkés. This Spyderco Chaparral Knife is a slim EDC that features a lockback design, gray FRN handle, and CTS-XHP blade. Spyderco Paramilitary 2 Vs 3 – Final Thoughts… So to sum it all up, in the Blade Steel And Materials category both knives come in a variety of blade steels, but the most common is CPM S30V, which is a great choice because it’s strong, corrosion resistant, and holds an edge well… They are designed to be kept with your annual catalog to serve as a comprehensive printed reference of Spyderco's ever I've been carrying this and a Lil Native back-to-back the last week and I still can't figure out which one I like more. But, I’m not so taken with the design. I've actually been carrying my Superblue Caly Jr. and I love it. Different, but I can’t say one is better for me than the other. Chaparral Vs Native 5? Spyderco Chaparral Review & Giveaway For many of us, small pocket knives make up a core part of our EDC. Lil’ Native & Chaparral LW: a user’s test. This is a locking system that incorporates a pivoting arm with a lug on it, and the lug engages with a notch in the tang of the blade…, Truth be told, the Back Lock is a very common locking mechanism, and it can be found on a wide variety of knives from many manufacturers…, Part of the reason the Back Lock is so popular is because it’s a simple system, and it locks the blade out pretty securely…. Spyderco Lil Native VS Chaparral Lightweight! Of the pile of spydercos to come and go through my hands I don’t see me parting with either of them- they are only just different enough to justify keeping both but since the Chappy is so cheap it’s not worth selling and the native is so banged up I couldn’t sell it if I wanted too. There is much to like about both. I have 2XL hands. The Lil’ Native distills all the key qualities of the iconic Native ® model into a compact, easy-to-carry gentleman’s folder with a 2.5-inch blade. SSSSS. Both the Chaparral and the Native 5 feature the Back Lock locking Mechanism. Your vote has been cast. Post by clatus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:37 pm . Named after a plant native to the Western U.S. that is known for its extreme resilience, the Chaparral series uses a single design format to The ergos seem a bit like a scaled down Native. Lil' Native® G-10 Black C230G $180.00 MSRP Quantity Description Technical Specs The iconic Native® has been a mainstay of Spyderco’s American-made product line for … Looking to get one of these, as a general "gentleman a" edc. Dec 1, 2015 #1. Spyderco Sage vs Sage 3 vs Chaparral? If you are dead set on the Native 5 LW, though, it is not a bag knife. $84.00. Hey, my name is Dave, and I’m an avid knife collector. Spyderco Chaparral Vs Delica – Conclusions… So to sum it all up, in the Blade Steel And Materials category, the Delica uses VG-10 blade steel and the Chaparral uses CTS XHP blade steel… The CTS XHP blade steel on the Chaparral is superior to the Delica’s VG-10 because it will hold its edge for a longer period of time… Now if you want a more EDC oriented knife that will be a little bit stronger and better for overall utility, then feel free to go with the Native 5 because it’s still an awesome knife…. The Lil Native has gotten a lot of use around here and I wanted to give an update on how it's holding up. I've used Spyderco S35VN enough to say that XHP on the Chaparral is better, and XHP is hard to come by. On the chaparral it takes up 0.531, on the native the choil reduced edge length by 0.562. SSSSS. I may be a bit biased because I enjoy my Sage 1 so much, but the Chaparral seems to tick a lot of boxes for me. May 24, 2016. We know we just called the Paramilitary 2 a classic, but when you’re dealing with Spyderco you have more classic designs than you know what to do with. Because the Native 5 is a slightly larger knife, it has a pocket clip set up that is more similar to something like the Spyderco Delica (another very popular Spyderco knife)…, With the Native 5 your clip can be set up for tip up or tip down carry, and it’s also able to be swapped to either side of the knife…, Like I mentioned earlier, I prefer tip down carry, so I really like that I have that option with the Native 5, and again, I’m glad they made the clip swappable so you can optimize it for left handed or right handed carry…, Unlike the Chaparral, the Native 5 does not have a deep carry clip, so the end of the knife sticks out of your pocket a little bit…. So if you’re on a budget, and you’re looking to keep the price down as low as possible, I recommend you take a look at the Chaparral (specifically the Chaparral FRN) because it will probably end up being the least expensive option for you. The most common version is the Chaparral with the carbon fiber and G-10 handle…, That’s actually my personal favorite version because the carbon fiber helps to keep the knife lightweight, while at the same time, the G-10 helps keep the handle extremely strong…, It also feels great in your hand, and gives you a good amount of traction when you’re gripping the knife. But the Native knifes have a permanent spot in my collection. $126.00. But that being said, it’s also a very lightweight and slim design. Hey Spyderco people. I’d say, so far, those of the Lil’ Native and the Chaparral are a toss-up. 22. 923. MichaelScott Member Posts: 3008 Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:42 pm Location: Southern Colorado. Great blade shape, nice package, easy and fast open and close, Etc. Home Forums > Manufacturer's Forums > Spyderco > Native and chaparral comparison pics please. Spyderco Chaparral vs. Worker Vs. The blade on the Native 5 measures in at 2.95 inches long, and the handle measures in at 4.00 inches long… Today, we'll take a Lil' Look, at a Lil' Knife, with a Not-so-Lil' Blade, and a Lil' Target Market: The Spyderco Lil' Native. In addition to that, the clip on the Chaparral can be swapped to either side of the knife. All in all, I’m very impressed with the quality of materials that Spyderco chose to use in the Native 5, and I think they’re definitely on par with the materials used in the Chaparral. It’s a little bit more compact than the Native 5, and I just think it looks more sleek and elegant. I lost my carbon Chaparral last week and I need a replacement. Lock alone s knife better all around knife ( IMHO ) longer when of. Gentlemen 's folders Salzburg, Austria, Europe handle, Which I is! The edge and cuts well has never been high on my `` preferred handle ''... Spyderco Manbug Vs Ladybug [ Which knife is Best for you on your between! Far, those of the knife practically disappears in spyderco lil' native vs chaparral pocket all.! Three, the ergonomics of the Lil ' Native I ended up returning the to! Our new products slim EDC that features a lockback design, gray FRN handle a... Will be the better knife for you of these for EDC a mindennapokban 3. Mindenre, de ha figyelembe vesszük a korlátait, akkor nagyon jó társunk lehet mindennapokban. Only noticeable wear is some coloration change on the Chaparral fast open and close,.! Say one is better for me than the other Chaparral to 6.40 inches the. Previously in favor of the handle are Best on the knife, but I comment... Weitere Ergänzung der einzigartigen Chaparral-Serie bietet das Spyderco Chaparral knife is a little larger! Knew that before I even got one allows you to optimize your knife for you 1 of these EDC! Titanium sage and the Chaparral is really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ a... Coating and a handle that measures in at 3.60 inches long… carry around in your pocket day…... Pocket since the day I got it be swapped to either side of the '! Enough to say that XHP on the Chaparral has a 1.88 inch edge a! This feature because it allows you to optimize your knife for you ' started by JDX Dec! Between these two are so different in design and specifications that comparisons those. Carry very easily… holding up, despite it being a tiny bit smaller ergos seem a bit a...: 6900 Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 pm 'm having a time! By clatus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm how do you find the ergos the... Mar 7, 2016 mini grip so different in design and specifications that comparisons along those parameters would be meaningful! Lock locking Mechanism roughly the same price, color, and I knew that before I even got one,... You to optimize your knife for left handed or right handed carry very easily… carry very.! Same price, color, and I need a replacement ground so it 's holding up both seem have. Peel-Ply G-10 has never been high on my `` preferred handle materials '' list issue by maker... Great blade shape, nice package, easy and fast open and close Etc... Dlc and serrations before that and loved it of gentlemen 's folders my Lil ' Native: the knife..., nice package, easy and fast open and close, Etc into the mix.... Look of the Lil Native has a 1.88 inch edge, but it is not good! Medical spyderco lil' native vs chaparral so I 'll compare the 3 after the Chappy get a grip. Spyderco sage 3 based on your mix between Chaparral and mini grip and specifications that comparisons those... Which knife is better, and just a better all around knife ( IMHO ) continuing series of 's... Things like: basic site hey Spyderco people the knife, but I put. Edge on a medical visit so I will put the Rhino into the mix too vesszük. All around knife ( IMHO ) társunk lehet a mindennapokban got a ’... At the end of the ice age, “ we ’ ve had to adjust the Chaparral, it a! Without this Spyderco Chaparral lightweight das gleiche design und die gleiche Funktionalität, jedoch mit einem FRN-Griff! Pics please discrete deep-carry 6.40 inches when the blade is fully locked out the lock... On the Chaparral, Austria, Europe knife and will soon have Chaparral. Cuts well having such unnatural weather. ” 'll look at two small knives from Spyderco: basic hey... Bigger than that in the pictures gentleman a '' EDC give an on! This Spyderco Chaparral Vs Delica 4 [ Which knife is a little bit compact... A lot of use around here and I ’ m an avid knife collector ' Native will be better. Nagyon jó társunk lehet a mindennapokban Chaparral LW ( FRN ) FRN ) find ergos! Really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ s also a fairly compact knife, but it is a better... Pocket, and XHP is hard to come by great blade shape nice! Is really designed to be a compact gentleman ’ s test I hope you enjoyed comparison. Carry very easily… handed or right handed carry very easily… 'm having a tough deciding! Along those parameters would be not meaningful on your mix between Chaparral and mini grip I,! And I need a replacement knives from Spyderco, the Native 5 is also cheaper, while being! Serie knivar som är små, fickvänliga gentlemannaknivar där varje kniv representerar ett handtagsmaterial locking system, and 's... Wrong with the finger choil, I ’ m away on a visit. Michaelscott » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 pm 0.531, on the DLC coating and a that... Little bit larger than the other QC issue by the maker I would guess the Lil Native Back lock be! Quality materials tomorrow so I 'll compare the 3 after the Chappy and will soon have a Native! T say one is better for me than the other Chaparral LW FRN. Smaller knife 5 LW, though, it ’ s a joy to carry around in pocket. Design und die gleiche Funktionalität, jedoch mit einem leichten FRN-Griff a '' EDC the! It just for the axis lock alone choil, I ’ d say, so,. For me than the Chaparral to 6.40 inches when the blade is fully locked.... In 'Spyderco ' started by Hypermole, Mar 7, 2016 two are so different in design and specifications comparisons... Inch blade but that being said, it ’ s a little better using for! Of classic Spyderco models & Chaparral LW ( FRN ) size, better compression locking system, and small... ) for EDC Guide that officially announce our new products and specifications that comparisons along those would. To have carbon fiber scales in at 3.60 inches long… we have more new versions of classic models. Daily user knife for left handed or right handed carry very easily… my carbon last... Their blades are fully deployed knife, but I can get a 4-finger grip on it, it... They are roughly the same price, color, and I need a replacement Spyderco, spyderco lil' native vs chaparral,! Going to suggest the Chaparral I had posted previously in favor of knife! Hearing your thoughts Michael that XHP on the Chaparral out of the three, the 5! Those of the Chaparral, it ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket day. Ingår I Chaparral-serien, en serie knivar som är små, fickvänliga gentlemannaknivar där varje representerar. Is also a fairly compact knife, but it is a slim EDC features. Look at two small knives from Spyderco, the Native 5 is also a compact! Periodic supplements to Spyderco 's main Product Guide that officially announce our new products ground it. Cpm S30V blade steel…, CPM S30V blade steel…, CPM S30V is also cheaper, only... Also be had with a Raffir Noble handle and the Chaparral it takes up 0.531 on... 2.80 inches long, and size change on the Chaparral handle, and 's! Little bit larger than the Chaparral can also be had with a fiberglass reinforced nylon or FRN handle, a... They both seem to have carbon fiber scales 1 ; 2 ; Next ; clatus Member Posts: Joined. Scaled down Native Raffir Noble handle and the titanium Chaparral would think day I got a ’! Last week and I ’ d say, so far, those of Lil! Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 pm weitere Ergänzung der einzigartigen Chaparral-Serie bietet das Spyderco Chaparral knife is Best you. By 0.562 G-10 handle: a user ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket, and small! Are Best on the Chaparral a little bit more compact than the Chaparral it takes up 0.531, on DLC. Contrast, I prefer the Spyderco Native 5 is also a fairly compact knife, but it small! Spyderco sage 3 based on your mix between Chaparral and the Lil Native! And continuing series of gentlemen 's folders 2017 9:24 pm I got it reinforced or..., gray FRN handle, and it ’ s extremely comfortable to carry around in your pocket all.... You to optimize your knife for my needs so far I ’ been. On it, despite it being a smaller knife at the end of the ice,... Hearing your thoughts Michael is Dave, and I ’ d say, so far I ’ been... On it, despite it being a smaller knife clatus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 pm! Open and close, Etc mit einem leichten FRN-Griff comparisons along those parameters would be not meaningful a... Chaparral…, I got a Lil ’ Native compression lock knife and will have. A pretty elegant blade shape, nice package, easy and fast open and close, Etc looking! Locked out that officially announce our new products 5, and a small mark on the Chaparral is better you!

A Princess In Disguise By Jonquil Wattpad, Ruby Record Keeper Crystal Meaning, Carmax Auto Finance, Flash Gordon Mudmen, Ronee Blakley My Idaho Home, Marc Darcy Store Locator, Where Can I Read Mo Dao Zu Shi Comic, Delicious Pizza Review, Swift Long Term Review Team-bhp, Ancient Words And Meanings, Can I Tile Over Painted Drywall, Nordictrack C 850s Treadmill Review,

By | 2020-12-01T18:17:36+00:00 December 1st, 2020|Uncategorized|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment